Radwa Abbas ElsalamonyCountry of origin: Egypt Currently in: Egypt, Cairo General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2015 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Assistance professor Reactor Engineering and Operations lab - Process Design and Development Department Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute (EPRI), Cairo – Egypt Job Description: 1. My current work focuses on modification of many catalytic composites systems based on agriculture waste like RSA and SCB in the removal of dye, phenol compounds and heavy metals from wastewater. 2. Wastewater treatment has been in progress as one of the tasks of my job. I interest to enlarge my work scale by co-operating with engineering to make a prototype. 3. Preparation and utilization of ceria-based catalysts for hydrogen production through steam reforming of ethanol. 4. Continue the work in our STDF project ''Development of Novel Catalysts and Membrane Reactors for the Dry Reforming of Natural Gas Using Carbon Dioxide'' 5. Preparation and characterizations of nanofluid 6. I plan to study the production of petrochemical by Fischer-Tropsch technique.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. "Kinetics of Carbon Dioxide Reforming of Natural Gas Using Different Catalysts" S. A. El-Temtamy; S. A. Ghoneim; A. K. El-Morsy; A. Y. El-Naggar; R. A. El-Salamony, Petroleum Science and Technology 27 (2009)1661–1673.
2. "Ni supported high surface area CeO2-ZrO2 catalysts for hydrogen production from ethanol steam reforming" Mohamed A Ebaid, Dalia R Abd El-Hafiza, Radwa A. Elsalamony, Lamia S. Mohamed, RSC Advances 2 (2012) 8145–8156.
3. “Enhancement of Hydrogen Production via Hydrogen Peroxide as an Oxidant” Radwa A. Elsalamony, Dalia R. Abd El-Hafiz, Mohamed A. Ebiad, Abdo M. Mansour and Lamia. S. Mohamed, RSC Advances 3 (2013) 23791.
4. "Catalytic Reforming of All Hydrocarbons in Natural Gas with Carbon Dioxide to Produce Synthesis Gas over Rhodium-Alumina Catalyst'' A. Y. El-Naggar, S. A. Ghoneim, R. A. El-Salamony, S. A. El-Tamtamy And A. K. El-Morsi, Int. J. Chem. Sci. 11(1) (2013) 39-52.
5. "Response Surface Methodology for Carbon Dioxide Reforming of Natural Gas" Tahani S. Gindy, Seham A. El-Temtamy, Salwa A. Ghoneim, Radwa A. El-Salamony, Ashraf Y. El-Naggar and Akila K. El-Morsi, accepted to Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects 38 (9) (2016) 1236–1245.
6. “Numerical Evaluation and Analysis for Hydrogen Production via Ethanol Steam Reforming” Tahany Gendy, Radwa Elsalamony, Salwa Ghoneim, Lamia Mohamed, Mohamed Ebiad, Dalia El-Hafiza; Chemical and Process Engineering Research 21 (2014) 107-117.
7. “Hydrogen selectivity and carbon behavior during gasoline steam reforming over nano-Al2O3 catalysts” Dalia R. Abd El-Hafiz, Mohamed A. Ebiad, Radwa A. El-salamony, Mater Renew Sustain Energy 3 (34) (2014) 1-13.
8. “Catalytic Dry Reforming of Natural Gas for Synthesis Gas Production over Ru/γ-Al2O3 Catalyst” Radwa A. El-Salamony, Salwa A. Ghoneim, Ashraf Y. El-Naggar, Seham A. El –Tamtamy and Akila K. El-Morsi; ADRRI Journal of Engineering and Technology 1(1) (2014) 1-16.
9. “Gas chromatographic assessment for catalytic reforming of natural gas with carbon dioxide to synthesis gas. I- over rhodium- alumina catalyst” El-Naggar, A.Y., Ghoneim, S.A., El-Salamony, R. A., El-Tamtamy, S.A., El-Morsi, A.K., Egyptian Journal of Chemistry 48 (4) (2005) 517 – 527.
10. "Biomass to fuel gas conversion through a low Pyrolysis temperature induced by Gamma radiation: an experimental and simulative study" Ahmed M. A. El Naggar, Hussien A. El Sayed, Radwa A. Elsalamony, Ahmed A. Abdelrazak, RSC Advances 5 (2015) 77897-77905.
11. "Review on Innovative Catalytic Reforming of Natural Gas to Syngas" Salwa A. Ghoneim, Radwa A. El-Salamony, Seham A. El-Temtamy, World Journal of Engineering and Technology 4 (1) (2016) 116.
12. Book in “PHOTOCATALYTIC DEGRADATION OF CHLOROPHENOL IN WATER” LAP LAMBERT academic publisher; Radwa Elsalamony
13. “Photocatalytic Disc-Shaped Composite Systems for Removal of Hazardous Dyes in Aqueous Solutions” Salah A. Hassan and Radwa A. El –Salamony; Canadian Chemical Transactions 2 (1) (2013) 57-71.
14. “Use of SiO2- TiO2 Nanocomposite as Photocatalyst for the Removal of Trichlorophenol: A Kinetic Study and Numerical Evaluation” Heba Gobara, Radwa El-Salamony, Dalia Mohamed, Marwa Mishrif, Yasser Moustafa and Tahani Gendy, Chemistry and Materials Research 6 (6) 2014, 63-81.
15. “Influence of Preparation Method on Copper Loaded Titania Nanoparticles: Textural, Structural Properties and Its Photocatalytic Activity towards P-Nitrophenol” Radwa A. Elsalamony, Dalia A. El-Hafiz, Chemistry and Materials Research 6 (4) (2014) 122-134.
16. "Different Outlet for Preparing Nano-Tio2 Catalysts for The Photodegradation of Black B Dye in Water ; Ahmed K. Aboul-Gheit, Doaa S. El-Desouki and Radwa A. ElSalamony; Egyptian Journal of Petroleum23 (2014) 339–348.
17. “TiO2 Anatase Nano-Powder Prepared by a gamma Ray Irradiation and Photocatalytic Activity” Radwa A. Elsalamony, Salwa A. Ghoneim; 2nd International Conference on Energy Systems and Technologies (2013) 285-293.
18. "Preparation of nanostructured ruthenium doped titania for the photocatalytic degradation of 2-chlorophenol under visible light" Radwa.A. El-Salamony and Sawsan. A. Mahmoud, Arabian Journal of Chemistry (2012) article in press.
19. "Mesoporous Ti-MCM-41 materials as photodegradation catalysts of 2,4,6 trichlorophenol in water" A.K. Aboul-Gheit, S.M. Abdel-Hamid, S.A. Mahmoud, R. A. El-Salamony, J. Valyon, M. R. Mihályi, Ágnes Szegedi; J. Mater. Sci. 46 (2011) 3319–3329.
20. ''Factorial design analysis for biosorption of Reactive Red-84 dye using fermentation spent waste biomass, biosorbent regeneration and desorbed dye photodegradation using TiO2 nanoparticles'' Nour Sh. El-Gendy, Salem S. Abu Amr, Radwa A. El-Salamony, Hussein N. Nassar; Desalination and Water Treatment 56 (12) (2014) 3403-3413.
21. ''Highly Stable Nano Ce-La Catalyst for Hydrogen Production from Bio-Ethanol'' Dalia R. Abdel-Hafiz, Mohamed A. Ebiad, Radwa A. Elsalamony and Lamia S. Kaid; RSC Advances 5(2015) 4292-4303.
22. "Statistical optimization of Basic Blue 41 dye biosorption by Saccharomyces cerevisiae spent waste biomass and photo-catalyticre generation using acid TiO2 hydrosol" Nour Sh. El-Gendy, Radwa A. El-Salamony, Salem S. Abu Amr, Hussein N. Nassar; Journal of Water Process Engineering 6 (2015) 193–202.
23. "Preparation, Stability and Photocatalytic Activity of Titania Nanofluid Using Gamma Irradiated Titania Nanoparticles by Two-Step Method" Radwa A. Elsalamony, Rania E. Morsi, Ahmed M. Alsabagh; 3rd International Conference on Energy Systems and Technologies (2015) 285-293.
24. "Influence of Gamma Radiation on the Improvement of Stability, Conductivity and Photoactivity of Titania Nanofluid" R. A. Elsalamony, R. E. Morsi, A. M. Alsabagh - Journal of Nanofluids 4(4) (2015) 442-448.
25. "Superabsorbent Enhanced-Catalytic Core/Shell Nanocomposites Hydrogel for Efficient Water Decolorization", Rania E. Morsi and Radwa A. Elsalamony, New J. Chem., 40 (2016) 2927—2934.
26. "Sonophotocatalytic degradation of Eriochrome black-T dye in water using Ti grafted SBA-15" Heba M. Gobara, Radwa A. Elsalamony, Salah A. Hassan J. porous Mater. 23 (2016) 1311–1318.
27. "Green synthesis of fluorapatite from waste animal bones and the photo-catalytic degradation activity of a new ZnO/green biocatalyst nano-composite for removal of chlorophenols" Nour Sh. El-Gendy, Radwa A. El-Salamony, Sherif A. Younis, Journal of Water Process Engineering 12 (2016) 8–19.
28. "Advances in Photo-catalytic Materials for Environmental Applications" Elsalamony R. A. Research & Reviews: Journal of Material Sciences, 4 (2) 2016, 26-50.
29. "Titania modified activated carbon prepared from sugarcane bagasse: adsorption and photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue under visible light irradiation" R. A. El-Salamony, E. Amdeha, S. A. Ghoneim, N. A. Badawy, K. M. Salem & A. M. Al-Sabagh, Environmental Technology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21622515.2017.1290148
30. "Potential application of 15Mo/SBA-15 photo-catalyst for removal of multiple organic pollutants from water environment" Radwa A. Elsalamony, Heba M. Gobara and Sherif A. Younis, BUE ACE1 Sustainable Vital Technologies in Engineering & Informatics.
31. "Zn+2 doped x-Ti-SiO2 tricomposites for Enhancement the Photo-catalytic Degradation of Phenol under UV irradiation" Radwa A. Elsalamony, Heba M. Gobara, Sherif A. Younis and Yasser M. Moustafa, accepted for publication in J. Sol-Gel materials and technology.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchAssistance professor Reactor Engineering and Operations lab - Process Design and Development Department Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute (EPRI), Cairo – Egypt Job Description: 1. My current work focuses on modification of many catalytic composites systems based on agriculture waste like RSA and SCB in the removal of dye, phenol compounds and heavy metals from wastewater. 2. Wastewater treatment has been in progress as one of the tasks of my job. I interest to enlarge my work scale by co-operating with engineering to make a prototype. 3. Preparation and utilization of ceria-based catalysts for hydrogen production through steam reforming of ethanol. 4. Continue the work in our STDF project ''Development of Novel Catalysts and Membrane Reactors for the Dry Reforming of Natural Gas Using Carbon Dioxide'' 5. Preparation and characterizations of nanofluid 6. I plan to study the production of petrochemical by Fischer-Tropsch technique.
AffiliationsEgyptian petroleum research institute (EPRI)