Job opening: GenderInSITE Special Advisor
May 14, 2018
OWSD partner GenderInSITE is now hiring a Special Advisor.
OWSD's Trieste-based partner organization GenderInSITE is now accepting applications for the position of GenderInSITE Special Advisor.
This is a contract position of 11 months for individual consultants.
The GIS Special Advisor will liaise closely with the GIS Steering Committee in order to develop a strategy for the best means to sustain the activities and influence of GIS beyond the current funding (due to end in December 2019). The GIS Special Advisor will be supported in carrying out her or his duties by the GIS assistant and OWSD Coordinator based in Trieste. If not based in Trieste, the consultant will be required to communicate regularly with the GIS co-chairs and OWSD staff by skype or teleconference and to visit Trieste on an occasional basis (2 to 3 times per year). As Special Advisor to GenderInSITE, the consultant will:
- Prepare an exit/ continuation strategy for GIS by December 2018 (current funding ends December 2019);
- Recommend partners and networks to link with GIS;
- Prepare reports and coordinate regional reporting on GIS activities as required by donors and partners;
- Work closely with GIS co-chairs, the Executive Committee and OWSD staff;
- Provide advice to the GIS Executive and Steering Committees.
The full job description and application details are available in the PDF available for download below.