Membership type: full
Sahar AbdallaCountry of origin: Sudan Currently in: Sudan, Khartoum General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
research in the field of theoretical and computational chemistry
Publications resulting from Research:
1. S. Abdalla and M. Springborg, Theoretical study of the effect of solvation, substitution, and structure on the properties of imidazoline, oxazolines, and thiazoline. J. Phys. Chem. A 114 (2010) 5823-5829.
2. S. Abdalla and M. Springborg, Theoretical Study of tautomerization and isomerization of methylamino and phenylamino substituted cyclic azaphospholine, oxaphospholine, and thiaphospholines in gas phase and aqueous phase. J. Mol. Struct .THEOCHEM 962 (2010) 101-107.
3. S. Abdalla and M. Springborg, A DFT Study of the Properties of Substituted Pyrrolidines and Phospholanes in Gas and in aqueous phase. Compu. Theor. Chem.978 (2011) 143-151.
4. S. Abdalla, M. Springborg and Yi Dong, Isolated and deposited potassium clusters. Surface Science 608 (2013) 255-264.
5. S. Abdalla, R. R. Fink : Analyzing Interaction Energy of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) Dimers, Accepted in book of proceedings of ICPAC-2014.
6. Y. Umar and S. Abdalla, Experimental FTIR and Theoretical Investigation of the Molecular Structure and Vibrational Spectra of Terephthaloyl Chloride by Density Functional Theory, IOSR Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR-JAC, Vol 8, Issue 9, 2015, PP 26-34.
7. Y. Umar, J. Tijani and S. Abdalla, Density functional theory studies of conformational barrier of 2-and 3-Thiophenecarboxaldehydes, Accepted in the journal of structural chemistry.
8. S. Abdalla and Y. Umar, and Issraa Mokhtar, Conformational and vibrational analysis of 2-, 3- and 4-Pyridinecarbonyl chloride using DFT, Accepted for publication in zeitschrift für physikalische chemie.
9. Y. Umar and S. Abdalla, DFT study of the Conformational Preference and Vibrational Analysis of 2-furoyl chloride and 3-furoyl chloride, in preparation.
10. Y. Umar and S. Abdalla, DFT investigation of 2-and 3-formylpyrol, in prepration.
TWAS AwardsSep 2015Award
Other AwardsApr 2002University of Khartoumfor the best academic performance in chemistry on the 5th year (graduate year)May 2002Ministry of higher education and scientific researchfor the best distinct studentSep 1999university of Khartoumfor the best academic performance i the 3rd year (udergraduate)