Membership type: full
Nusrat AbedinCountry of origin: Bangladesh Currently in: Bangladesh, Dhaka General field of specialization: Agricultural Sciences
Degrees2019 Agricultural Sciences
Current Research Activities
Food Product development, Food Composition analysis, Food Safety.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Mohammed A. Satter, Nusrat Abedin*, S. Absha Jabin, M. Faridul Islam, Umme Hafsa Begum, D.K. Paul. A Highly Nutritive Supplementary Food: Improving the Nutritional Status of Pregnant and Lactating Mothers. Agro FOOD Industry Hi Tech (In Press, January/February issue 2016).
2. Mohammed A. Satter*, KMMR Linkon, SA Jabin, N Abedin, MF Islam and B Shaha(2016). “Nutritional Quality and Safety Aspects of Wild Vegetables Consume in Bangladesh”. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. Vol. 6(2): 125–131.
3. Khan Md. Murtaja Reza Linkon, Mohammed. A. Satter ,S.A. Jabin , Nusrat Abedin ,M. F. Islam, Laisa Ahmed Lisa, Dipak Kumar Paul (2015). Mineral and Heavy Metal Contents of Some Vegetable Available In Local Market of Dhaka City in Bangladesh. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology. Vol. 9(5) : 01-06.
4. Satter MA, Jabin SA, Abedin N, Islam MP, Parvin R, Dhali M & Amin MZ(2014). Development and Evaluation of Weaning Foods Using Locally Available Nutritious Fruits in Bangladesh. Mal J Nutr 20(1): 83 - 92.
5. Mohammed A. Satter, H Ara, SA Jabin, N Abedin, AK Azad, Abul Hossain and U. Ara (2014). Nutritional Composition and Stabilization of Local Variety Rice Bran BRRI-28. International Journal of Science and Technology. Volume 3(5).
6. Rashida Parvin, Mohammed A Satter, Syeda Absha Jabin, Nusrat Abedin, Faridul Islam, M Kamruzzaman, Dipak Kumar Paul (2014). Studies on the Development and Evaluation of Cereal Based Highly Nutritive Supplementary Food for Young Children. International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies. 9(2):974-984.
7. Mohammed A. Satter, Syeda Absha Jabin, Nusrat Abedin, Taslima Arzu, Kanika Mitra, A. M. Abdullah and D. K. Pau (2013). Development of nutritionally enriched instant weaning food and its safety aspects. African Journal of Food Science. Vol. 7(8), pp. 238-245.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchScientific Officer in a national organization named Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR). Finding Research gap and conducting research work.
Workshop and Conference Attended2014 Nobab Nawab Ali Chowdury Senate Bhaban, Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2nd Global Conference (19-22 March, 2014) on Community Health2015 Institute of Food Science and Technology (IFST), Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Research and Development and Analytical Services of Institute of Food Science and Technology: Present Situation, Challenges, and SolutionJune, 2013 Institute of Nutrition and Food Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Food composition Table for Bangladesh
AffiliationsBangladesh Association for the Aged and Institute of Geriatric Medicine
Presentation given17-18 October 2015Nutritional Quality and Health Hazards of Different Varieties of Chips and Crackers Available in BangladeshBangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University, Gazipur, BangladeshEvent: 23rd Bangladesh Science Conference