Membership type: full
Suheir AmmarCountry of origin: Palestine Currently in: Palestine, Gaza General field of specialization: Engineering sciences
Degrees2013 Doctorate Engineering sciences
Current Research Activities
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Amro, D. K., & Ammar, S. M. S. (2020). Vernacular Elements as Indicators for Sustainable Interior Environment: Housing in Jordan. In A. Sayigh (Ed.), Green Buildings and Renewable Energy: Med Green Forum 2019 - Part of World Renewable Energy Congress and Network (pp. 169-179). Cham: Springer International Publishing. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-30841-4_12
2. Amro, D. K., & Ammar, S. M. S. (2019). Assessment of Habitants’ Thermal Comfort Through Different Treatments of Flat Rooftops in Residential Buildings. In A. Sayigh (Ed.), Renewable Energy and Sustainable Buildings: Selected Papers from the World Renewable Energy Congress WREC 2018 (pp. 595-608). Cham: Springer International Publishing. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-18488-9_47
Paper presented at WORLD RENEWABLE ENERGY CONGRESS – 18 & Exhibition
London – UK, Kingston University Renewables & Sustainable Buildings are the best
Solution for Climate Change, 30 July-3 August 2018
3. Ammar, S. M. S., & Alramlawi, N. Y. (2020). Post-war Restoration of Traditional Houses in Gaza. In F. F. Arefian & S. H. I. Moeini (Eds.), Urban Heritage Along the Silk Roads: A Contemporary Reading of Urban Transformation of Historic Cities in the Middle East and Beyond (pp. 137-154). Cham: Springer International Publishing. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-030-22762-3_10
Paper presented at the 2nd Silk Cities International Conference, London, UK.
UCL, 11-13 July 2017 “Reconnect population to urban heritage in the Middle East & Central Asia”
4. Ashour, R. , Muhaisen, A. S. & Ammar, S.. (23-24 April 2019). Net Zero Energy Retrofit Shading Strategies of Buildings in Gaza Case Study: Multi-Storey Residential Buildings, Paper presented at the 2019 IEEE 7th Palestinian International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (PICECE). , Gaza, Palestine. 1-7. doi: 10.1109/PICECE.2019.8747198.
5. Ammar, S.. (2018). Assessment of Educational Outputs of Low-income Housing Project. Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 5 (3): 48 – 57. http://journals.iugaza.edu.ps/index.php/JERT/article/view/4416/2257
6. Amro, D. K., & Ammar, S. (2018). The Role of University Education in Directing Architects towards Conserving the Sustainability of the Urban Cultural Heritage (Comparative Study). Al-Balqa Journal of Research and Studies 21 (2): 87–108. Retrieved from: https://albalqajournal.ammanu.edu.jo/En/article.aspx?id=374
7. Saleh, S., Ammar, S., Kullab, H. (2017, 25 September). Factors Affecting Residential Movability in Nimsawi Alfarra Housing Project in Khan Younis. The International Scientific Conference of Khan Younis Municipality- Kan Younis Legacy of the Past, Creativity of the Present, Envision of the Future. Cultural Centre, Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, Palestine
8. Ammar, S., Saleh, S., Alfarra, O. (2017, 25 September). Sustainability Appraisal of Sheikh Hamad Neighbourhood Gardens in Khan Younis. The International Scientific Conference of Khan Younis Municipality- Kan Younis Legacy of the Past, Creativity of the Present, Envision of the Future. Cultural Centre, Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, Palestine.
9. Ammar, S. M. S., Ali, K. H., & Yusof, N. a. (2015). Social Relationships’ Effect on Residents’ Satisfaction in Multi-storey Housing. An-Najah University Journal for Research – Humanities 29 (10): 2033 – 2059.
10. Ammar, S. M. S., (2014). A Performance Evaluation of the Housing Associations in Gaza- A Case Study – Tel-alHawa Housing Project. Paper presented at the Fifth International Conference on Engineering and sustainability, 9-10 December 2014, Gaza, Palestine
11. Ammar, S. M. S., Abu-Thuria E. (2014). Obstacles to Career Advancement for Female Engineers in the Gaza Strip. Paper presented at the Arab Female Engineers Conference, 3-4 May 2014, in Tripoli, Libya.
12. Ammar, S. M. S., Ali, K. H., & Yusof, N. a. (2013). The Effect of Participation in Design and Implementation Works on User’ Satisfaction in Multi-Storey Housing Projects in Gaza, Palestine. World Applied Sciences Journal 22 (8): 1050-1058. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.wasj.2013.22.08.2842
13. Ammar, S. M. S., Ali, K. H., & Yusof, N. a. (2012). Effect of Residents’ Participation in Management Works on Satisfaction in Multi-Storey Housing. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 62(0), 837-843. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.09.141 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042812035823
14. Ammar, S. M. Suheir (2010). Evaluation study of the Efficiency of Previous Housing Experience in Gaza to form a Feedback for New Housing Projects in the Reconstruction Phase. Paper presented at the Third International Conference on Engineering and Gaza Reconstruction, 10-11 October 2010, Gaza, Palestine
15. Ammar, S. M. S., Jaber, Rana, (2010, Oct. 13) Obstacles of Female Engineers’ Participation in Trade Union Action in the Gaza Strip, Paper presented at the Arab Female Engineers Conference in Amman, Jordan.