Naureen AslamCountry of origin: Pakistan Currently in: Pakistan, Islamabad General field of specialization: Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Degrees2018 Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Current Research Activities
Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Currently working as Lecturer at Department of Biochemistry, Arid Agricultural University, Pakistan . My main research focus includes Bioinformatics ,Human disease Genetics,Protein-protein interactions and structure based drug designing.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Vincent JB, Jamil T, Rafiq MA, Anwar Z, Ayaz M, Hameed A, Nasr T, Naeem F, Khattak NA et al., “Phosphoserine Phosphatase (PSPH)gene mutation in an intellectual disability family from Pakistan”, Clin. Genet, 87(3): pp 296-298. 2015.
2. Khattak NA and Mir A, “Computational analysis of TRAPPC9: Candidate Gene for Autosomal Recessive Non-Syndromic Mental Retardation”, CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets, 13(4): pp 699-711, 2014.
3. Tahir RA, Sehgal SA, Khattak NA, Khattak JZK and Mir A, “Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Superfamily 10B(TNFRSF10B), An insight from structure modeling to virtual screening for candidate gene interaction studies”, Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling , 10:38, 2013.
4. Sehgal SA, Khattak NA and Mir A, “Structural, Phylogenetic and docking studies of D- amino acid oxidase activator(DAOA), a candidate gene of Schizophrenia”, Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling, 10:3, 2013.
5. E-Zahra SN, Khattak NA and Mir A, “Comparative modeling and docking studies of p16INK4/cyclinD1/Rb pathway gene in lung cancer revealed functionally active residue of RB1and its functional partner E2F1”, Theoretical Biologyand Medical Modelling, 10:1, 2013
6. Khattak NA, Rauf S, Sehgal SA, Shahwar D and Ismail M, “Insilico gene prediction for autosomal recessive cone-rod dystrophy (CORD8)”, OJB, 14 (2): pp 104-117, 2013.
7. Khattak NA, E-Zahra SN and Awan WA, “Molecular Modeling of Discoidin Domain Receptor Tyrosine Kinase 2(DDR2) and ATPase, Na+/K+ Transporting, Alpha 4 polypeptide (ATP1A4): Candidate genes for autosomal recessive cone-rod dystrophy (CORD8)”, Int. J. Rehab. Sci., 1.2, pp 53-57. 2012.
8. Raza A, Khattak NA, “Applications of Real Time PCR in diagnostics and research”, Professional Med J, 19(6), pp 751-759, 2012.
9. Khattak N, Khan MA and Raza A, “Mental Retardation; Molecular cytogenetic techniques used for Diagnosis, A literature survey”, Professional Med J., 18(4), pp 547-551. 2011
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingMentor undergraduate and graduate courses and serve as advisor for graduate students
Workshop and Conference Attended2014 University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, U.S.A From protein structure to function and back again2012 Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan Trends in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology2005 Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan National workshop on In Silico tools in Medicinal Chemistry2005 International Islamic Univeristy, Islamabad, Pakistan The Prospective & Scope of Bioinformatics
AffiliationsAmerican Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Presentation given2012Detection of Real-time PCR chemistriesArid Agriculture UniversityEvent: Real-time PCR workshop2007Investigation of autosomal recessive cone-rod dystrophy mapped on 1q23-24 using methods in bioinformaticsInternational Islamic UniversityEvent: Bioinformatics Seminar
Other AwardsNov 2013One year research fellowshipResearch fellowship at The University of Michigan, United States of AmericaNov 2014Certificate of honor and recognitionBased on excellent research contribution at Prof Zhang's lab , University of Michigan, U.S.AAug 2009Graduate ScholarshipMS Graduation scholarship received from Quaid-I-Azam University during my Masters studies