Joanna CastilloCountry of origin: Argentina Currently in: Argentina, Puerto Madryn General field of specialization: Biological Systems and Organisms
Degrees2016 Undergraduate Biological Systems and Organisms
Current Research Activities
Biological Systems and Organisms
I study the trophic ecology of migratory birds during their migratory stopovers. Also, I am evaluating the structure of the invertebrate communities of the tidal flats in a coastal wetland in Argentine Patagonia.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Castillo J. et. al. 2019. Patterns distribution of intertidal community in Caleta Malaspina, Chubut, Argentina. International Congress Communication: XVIII Latin American Congress of Marine Sciences.
2. Castillo J. et. al. 2019. Dietary composition of neartic shorebirds during their migratory stopover in Caleta Malaspina. International Congress Communication: VIII Western Hemisphere Shorebird Group Meeting.
3. Castillo J. et. al. 2019. Diet of two shorebirds species during their stopover at Caleta Malaspina. Regional Congress Communication: IX Fellow`s Meeting.
4. Castillo J. et. al. 2017. Preliminary data of diet of Calidris fuscicollis y Charadrius falklandicus at Médanos beach, San Jorge Gulf. International Congress Communication: VII Western Hemisphere Shorebird Group Meeting.
5. Castillo J. et. al. 2017. Variation in the diet of the Red Knot during northward migration at Playa Colombo, Península Valdés. International Congress Communication: Ornithological Congress of the Americas
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Higher Education StudyI am PhD student at National University of Mar del Plata, Argentina.
Workshop and Conference Attended
AffiliationsNational University of Mar del Plata, Argentina.