Membership type: full
Farida ChowdhuryCountry of origin: Bangladesh Currently in: Bangladesh, Sylhet General field of specialization: Computing and Information Technology
Degrees2016 Doctorate Computing and Information Technology2009 Master Computing and Information Technology2004 Undergraduate Computing and Information Technology
Current Research Activities
Computing and Information Technology
Researching on the following topics: 1. Password Security 2. Blockchain Security 3. Security usability in Anonymous applications
Publications resulting from Research:
Journal and Book Chapter Publication:
1. Social Anchor: Privacy-Friendly Attribute Aggregation From Social Networks. Ferdous, M. S., Chowdhury, F., Alassafi, M. O., Alshdadi, A. A., & Chang, V. In the Journal of IEEE Access, 8 (2020): 61844-61871.
2. In search of self-sovereign identity leveraging blockchain technology. Ferdous, Md Sadek, Farida Chowdhury, and Madini O. Alassafi. In the Journal of IEEE Access, 7 (2019): 103059-103079.
3. A hybrid model of attribute aggregation in federated identity management. M. S. Ferdous, F. Chowdhury, and R. Poet. In the Enterprise Security, vol. 10131. Basel, Switzerland: Springer, 2017, pp. 120–154.
4. Performance Analysis of R/KADEMLIA, Pastry and Bamboo Using Recursive Routing in Mobile Networks, F Chowdhury, MS Ferdous. In the International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC), 9 (5), 41-54, 2, 2017.
5. Modelling Cyber Attacks. F Chowdhury and M S Ferdous. In the International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA) Vol 9, 2017.
6. Performance analysis of structured peer-to-peer overlays for mobile networks. Chowdhury, Farida, Jamie Furness, and Mario Kolberg. In the International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems 32.5 (2017): 522-548.
1. Examining Usability Issues in Blockchain-Based Cryptocurrency Wallets. M Moniruzzaman, F Chowdhury, MS Ferdous. In the 2nd International Conference on Cyber Security and Computer Science, ICONCS 2020, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2. End to End Parts of Speech Tagging and Named Entity Recognition in Bangla Language. JR Saurav, S Haque, F Chowdhury. In the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Bangla Speech and Language Processing, ICBSLP 2019, Bangladesh.
3. Measuring Vulnerabilities of Bangladeshi Websites. Moniruzzaman, Md, Farida Chowdhury, and Md Sadek Ferdous. In the IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering (ECCE), Bangladesh, 2019.
4. Pipilika N-gram Viewer: An Efficient Large Scale N-gram Model for Bengali. Adnan Ahmad, Mahbubur Rub Talha, Md Ruhul Amin, Farida Chowdhury. In the 1st IEEE International Conference on Bangla Speech and Language Processing, ICBSLP 2018, Bangladesh.
5. Bengali Document Clustering using Word Movers Distance. A Ahmad, MR Amin, F Chowdhury. In the 1st IEEE International Conference on Bangla Speech and Language Processing, ICBSLP 2018, Bangladesh.
6. CrowdsouRS: A crowdsourced reputation system for identifying deceptive online contents. MR Siddiki, MA Talha, F Chowdhury, MS Ferdous. In the 20th International Conference of Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), 2017, Bangladesh.
7. Performance Evaluation of EpiChord under High Churn, F. Chowdhury, M. Kolberg. In the proceedings of the 8th ACM Performance Monitoring, Measurement and evaluation of Heterogeneous Wireless and Wired Networks workshop (PM2HW2N 2013), Barcelona, Spain.
8. Performance Evaluation of Structured Peer-to-Peer Overlays for use on Mobile Networks, F. Chowdhury, M. Kolberg. The 6th International Conference on Developments in eSystems Engineering (DeSe 2013), Dubai, UAE.
9. An Evaluation of EpiChord in OverSim. J. Furness, F. Chowdhury, M. Kolberg. In the proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Networks and Communication (NETCOM 2013), Chenani, India.
10. Identity Federations: A New Perspective for Bangladesh. M. S. Ferdous, M. J. M. Chowdhury, M. Moniruzzaman and F. Chowdhury. In the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV 2012), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
11. A Survey of Peer-to-Peer Solutions in Mobile and Cellular Networks, F. Chowdhury, M. Kolberg. In the proceedings of the 13th Annual Post Graduate Symposium on the Convergence of Telecommunications, Networking and Broadcasting (PGNet 2012), Liverpool, UK.
12. A Taxonomy of Attack Methods on Peer-to-Peer Network, M. S. Ferdous, F. Chowdhury and M. Moniruzzaman. In the proceedings of the 1st Indian Conference on Computational Intelligence and Information Security, 2007 (ICCIIS 2007), Chennai, India.
13. Middleware Distributed Approach to Synchronous Detection of ARP Cache Poisoning, M. S. Ferdous and F. Chowdhury. In the proceedings of the 1st Indian Conference on Computational Intelligence and Information Security (ICCIIS 2007), Chennai, India.
14. An Extended Approach to Increase the Performance of the Current NAPT, M. S. Ferdous, F. Chowdhury and J. C. Acharjee. In the proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Information & Communication Technology (ICCIT 2007), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
15. Covert Channel Communication in RFID, M. S. Ferdous and F. Chowdhury. In the proceedings of the First International Conference on Security of Information & Networks (SIN2007), North Cyprus.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingAssociate Professor Dept of Computer Science and Engineering Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Sylhet, Bangladesh
AffiliationsUniversity of StirlingUniversity of ReadingShahjalal University of Science and Technology
Other AwardsJun 2012Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship- Europe, Middle East, and AfricaGoogle Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship- Europe, Middle East, and Africa: FINALIST.Jul 2019Research Grant funded by SUST Research Centre, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.Understanding the Necessity of Establishing a Students Support Services Center at SUST Campus: A need based assessment for ensuring a sustainable academic environment for the students of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh.Jul 2018Research Grant funded by SUST Research Centre, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, BangladeshUnderstanding the impacts of using social media in relation to the study-time allocation, academic achievement and mental health of university students at the Shahjalal University campus, Sylhet, Bangladesh.