May El-ManawatyCountry of origin: Egypt Currently in: Egypt, Cairo General field of specialization: Biological Systems and Organisms
Degrees2013 Doctorate Biological Systems and Organisms
Current Research Activities
Biological Systems and Organisms
Working on plant drug discovery in the fields of anticancer/cytotoxicity (using human tumour cell lines and MTT method), anticandida, radical scavenging activity (DPPH), brine shrimp cytotoxicity, schistosomicidal activity, anticancer/proapoptopic activity (using M30 kits). Working on plant fractionation and chromatography.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. El Manawaty, M.A., Fayad, W., El-Fiky, N.M., Wassel, G.M., El-Menshawi, B.S., 2013, High-throughput screening of 75 euphorbiaceae and myrtaceae plant extracts for in-vitro antitumor and pro-apoptotic activities on human tumor cell lines, and lethality to brine shrimp, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5 (SUPPL. 2), pp. 178-183.
2. Bassem S El-Menshawi, Walid Fayad, Khaled Mahmoud, Salwa M El-Hallouty, May El-Manawaty, Maria Hägg Olofsson, Stig Linder, 2010. Screening of natural products for therapeutic activity against solid tumors, Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, Volume 48, Issue 3, Pages 258-264.
3. Yousif, F., Wassel, G,, Boulos, L., Labib, T., Mahmoud, K., El-Hallouty, S., El Bardicy, S., Mahmoud, S., Ramzy, F., Gohar, L., El-Manawaty, M., El Gendy, M.A.M., Fayad, W., El-Menshawi, B., 2012, Contribution to in vitro screening of Egyptian plants for schistosomicidal activity, Pharmaceutical Biology, Volume 50, Issue 6, Pages 732-739.
4. Mamdouh, A.A.Hammouda, FatmaAbdAleem, A. El-Hag, Weam S. El-Serwy and El-Manawaty, M.A., 2015, Synthesis and characterization of new fused 4H-pyranquinoline carbonitrile derivatives with anticipated antitumor biological activity. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, biological and chemical sciences, volume 6, Issue 1, pages 200-208.
5. Yousif, F, Hifnawy, M S, Soliman, G, Boulos, L, Labib, T, Mahmoud, F, Ramzy, F, Yousif, M, Hassan, I, Mahmoud, K, El-Hallouty, S M, El Gendy, M, Gohar, L, El- Manawaty, M, Fayyad, W, El-Menshawi, B S., 2007. Large-scale in vitro screening for schistosomicidal activity of Egyptian Native and cultivated plants. Pharmaceutical Biology, 45(6), pp. 501-510.
6. SM Bassem, W Fayad, M Khaled, SM Hallouty, M Manawaty, MH Olofsson, S Linder, 2010. Antiproliferation effects of Sophopra japonica.
7. D.A. Osman, M.E., Eid, M.M., Khattab, O.H., El-Hallouty, S.M., El-Manawaty, M., Mahmoud, D.A. 2015. In vitro cytotoxicity of biosynthesized Ag/CS NP against MCf7, PC3 and A549 cancer cell lines. International Journal of PharmTech Research, Vol. 8, issue 5, pp. 1011-1017.
8. Afaf KE El-Ansary, Neama A Mohamed, Khaled O Mohamed, Hend MW Abd-Elfattah and Mai El-Manawaty 2015. A Simple and Convenient Synthesis of Novel Thiopyrimidine Derivatives as Anticancer Agents. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, volume 6, issue 4, pp. 1745-1752.
9. Seham S El-Hawary, Khaled M Hanafy, Gamila M Wasel, Bassem M Menshawi, Lamiaa H Gohar, May A El-Manawaty, 2015. Comparative Evaluation of the Phenolic and Flavonoid Contents, Free Radical-Scavenging Potencies and Cytotoxic Activities of Six Species Belonging to Family Salicaceae. International journal of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry, volume 30, issue 1, pp. 1313-1318.
10. Fahmy, H.H., Srour, A.M., Ismail, M.A., Khater, M.A., Serrya, R.A. and El-Manawaty, M.A., 2016. Design and synthesis of some new tri-substituted pyrazole derivatives as anticancer agents. Research on Chemical Intermediates, pp.1-12.
11. Ismail, N.S., George, R.F., Serya, R.A., Baselious, F.N., El-Manawaty, M., Shalaby, E.M. and Girgis, A.S., 2016. Rational design, synthesis and 2D-QSAR studies of antiproliferative tropane-based compounds. RSC Advances, 6(104), pp.101911-101923.
12. Fayad, W., Salwa, M., El-Manawaty, M.A., Mounier, M.M., Soliman, A.A., Yousry, A.A., Farghaly, A.A., Fahmy, M.A., Hasasn, Z.M., Linder, S. and Mahmoud, K., 2017. A systematic multicellular spheroids screening approach lead to the identification of antineoplastic activity in three different plant extracts from the Egyptian flora. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol, 7(06), pp.013-022.
13. El-Serwy, W.S., El-Hag, F.A.A.A., Hammouda, M.A.A., El-Manawaty, M.A., El-Rashedy, A.A. 2016. Synthesis, docking and pharmacological evaluation of some new quinoline derivatives. International Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, vol. 8 (4), pp. 25221-25236.
14. Wael A. El-Sayed , Ashraf M. Mohamed, Hemat S. Khalaf , Dina S. EL-Kady , May Al-Manawaty, 2017. Synthesis, Docking Studies and Anticancer Activity of New Substituted Pyrimidine and Triazolopyrimidine Glycosides. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, Vol. 7 (09), pp. 001-011.
15. Srour, A.M., Fahmy, H.H., Khater, M.A., El-Manawaty, M.A., Shalaby, E.S.M. 2018. Synthesis, characterization, and cytotoxic activity of some new 1,3,4-trisubstituted pyrazoles against diverse tumor cell lines. Monatshefte fur Chemie, 149(6), pp. 1137-1147.
16. Elzahabi, H.S.A., Nossier, E.S., Khalifa, N.M., Alasfoury, R.A., El-Manawaty, M.A. 2018. Anticancer evaluation and molecular modeling of multi-targeted kinase inhibitors based pyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidine scaffold. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, 33(1), pp. 546-557.
17. El-Manawaty, M.A., Gohar, L. 2018. In vitro alpha-glucosidase inhibitory activity of egyptian plant extracts as an indication for their antidiabetic activity. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 11(7), pp. 360-367.
18. Eid, M.M. , El-Hallouty, S.M., El-Manawaty, M., Abdelzaher, F.H., Al-Hada, M., Ismail, A.M. 2018. Preparation conditions effect on the physico-chemical properties of magnetic–plasmonic core–shell nanoparticles functionalized with chitosan: Green route. Nano-Structures and Nano-Objects, 16, pp. 215-223.
19. Waill A. Elkhateeb et al. 2018. Cytotoxicity and Hypoglycemic Effect of the Japanese Jelly Mushroom Auricularia auricula-judae. Chemistry Research Journal, 3(4). pp. 123-133.
20. Aladdin M Srour et al. 2018. Synthesis & molecular modeling studies of bronchodilatory active indole-pyridine conjugates. Future Medicinal Chemistry, 10(15), pp. 1787-1804.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Research