Membership type: full
Champika Ellawala KankanamgeCountry of origin: Sri Lanka Currently in: Sri Lanka, Galle General field of specialization: Engineering sciences
Degrees2011 Doctorate Engineering sciences
Current Research Activities
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Kankanamge, C.E., Matheson, F.E. and Riis, T. (2019). Shading constrains the growth of invasive submerged macrophytes in streams. Aquatic Botany [Preprint]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquabot.2019.06.004
2. Harris, J.M., Vinobaba, P., Kularatne, R.K.A. and Kankanamge, C.E. (2018). Heavy metal bioaccumulation and Fulton’s K condition indices in Scylla serrata (Forskål) in relation to sex. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 16(1), 201-210.
3. Harris, J.M., Vinobaba, P., Kularatne, R.K.A. and Kankanamge, C.E. (2018). An assessment of heavy metal levels in brackish water shrimps: Impact on sexes and the relationship between metal pollution index and Fulton's K condition indices. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal.
4. Kankanamge, C.E. and Kodithuwakku, H. (2017). Effect of interspecific competition on the growth and nutrient uptake of three macrophytes in nutrient-rich water. Aquatic Ecology, 51(4), pp.625-634.
5. Kularatne, R.K.A., Harris, J.M., Vinobaba, P. and Kankanamge, C.E. (2017). Bio-transfer factors and temporal variation of heavy metals in different sexes of three species of edible brackish water fish. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24(22), pp.18680-18690.
6. Ellawala, K.C. and Priyankara, D.P.M.P. (2016). Consumer satisfaction on quantity and quality of water supply: a study in Matara, Southern Sri Lanka. Water Practice and Technology, 11(3), pp.678-689.
7. Harris, J.M., Vinobaba, P., Kularatne, R.K.A. and Ellawala K.C. (2016). Spatial and temporal distribution of cyanobacteria in Batticaloa Lagoon. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 47, pp.211-218.
8. Ranawakage, V.P., Ellawala, K.C. and Chaminda, G.G.T. (2013). Preliminary study on the influence of water level on the growth and morphology of Limnocharis flava(L.) Buchenau. Annales de Limnologie - International Journal of Limnology, 49(4), pp.249-254.
9. Ellawala, C., Asaeda, T. and Kawamura, K. (2013). Water movement induced variations in growth regulation and metabolism of freshwater macrophyte Vallisneria spiralis L. in early growth stages. Hydrobiologia, 709(1), pp.173-182.
10. Ellawala, C., Asaeda, T. and Kawamura, K. (2011). Influence of flow turbulence on growth and indole acetic acid and H2O2 metabolism of three aquatic macrophyte species. Aquatic Ecology, 45(3), pp.417-426.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchTeachingSenior Lecturer - Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Ruhuna
AffiliationsInstitution of Engineers Sri Lanka
OWSD AwardsFeb 2020OWSD - Elsevier Foundation AwardsThe OWSD - Elsevier Foundation Awards for Early-Career Women Scientists in the Developing World
Other AwardsSep 2013Presidents’ Awards for Scientific PublicationAwarded by The national Research Council, Sri LankaApr 2020