Membership type: full
Mehru NishaCountry of origin: Malaysia Currently in: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur General field of specialization: Biological Systems and Organisms
Degrees2015 Doctorate Biological Systems and Organisms
Current Research Activities
Biological Systems and Organisms
Working with Orang Asli community in Hulu Langat to control and eradicate gastrointestinal parasitic infection.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Abdulaziz Aburowais, Afreen Banu, Mehru Nisha. 2017. Activity of orange (Citrus Sinensis) and lemon (Citrus Limon) juice and oil on different bacteria that cause wound infection. European Journal of Biotechnology and Bioscience, 5 (1): 26-31
2. Mehru Nisha, Verasingam Kumarasamy, S. Ambu, Fabian Davamani and J. W. Mak. Molecular approach to detect Albendazole Resistance in Trichuris trichiura among Orang Asli in Malaysia. 2016.International journal of Infectious Disease, 45 (1), 369,
3. Mehru Nisha, Verasingam Kumarasamy, S. Ambu, Fabian Davamani and J. W. Mak. 2016. Factors Associated with
Intestinal Parasite Infections in a Resettled Indigenous Community in Malaysia. International Journal of TROPICAL DISEASE & Health, 12(3): 1-7
4. Kirnpal Kaur Banga Singh, Mehru Nisha, Hut Yee Lau, Manickam Ravichandran, Mohd Zaki Salleh. 2016. Alteration in apyrase enzyme attenuated virulence of Shigella flexneri. Microbial Pathogenesis.91: 123-128
5. Nur-Azida Mohd Nasir, Ahmad Sukari Halim, Kirnpal-Kaur Banga Singh, Ananda Aravazhi Dorai and Mehru Nisha Muhammad Haneef. 2010. Antibacterial properties of tualang honey and its effect in burn wound management: A comparative study. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 10(31): 1-21
6. Mehru Nisha, Kirnpal–Kaur B.S., Mohd.Zaki.Salleh, Seah Chin Aun, Manickam Ravichandran. 2008. Construction of ALA Auxotroph of Shigella flexneri 2a as a Potential Vaccine Candidate. International Joint Symposium Frontier in Biomedical Sciences: From Genes to Applications in Faculty of Medicine Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, 94-99 (ISBN: 978-979-3177-70-0)
7. Nisha Mehru, Xavier Rathinam, Sreeramanan Subramaniam, Rajasekaran Aiyalu, Sreenivasan, Yoga Latha Lachimanan. 2008. Antimicrobial activity and toxicity of Punica granatum L., Peel.Journal of Applied Biological Sciences, 2(3): 59-61.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingResearch, academic