Membership type: full
Neni NurainyCountry of origin: Indonesia Currently in: Indonesia, Bandung General field of specialization: Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Degrees2005 Doctorate Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Current Research Activities
Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Research and Development of vaccines, including Covid-19, New TB, Hep B, HPV vaccine and also develop monoclonal antibody against breast cancer.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Marliana S.Rejeki, Nana Sarnadi, Retno Wihastuti, Vininta Fazharyasti, Wisvici Y.Samin, Frilasita A.Yudhaputri, Edison Johar, Neni Nurainy, Novilia S.Bachtiar, David H.Muljono. Convalescent plasma therapy in patients with moderate-to-severe COVID-19: A study from Indonesia for clinical research in low- and middle-income countries. EClinicalMedicine Vol.36, 100931. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eclinm.2021.100931.
2. Patricia Gita Naully, Neni Nurainy, Elvi Restiawaty, Dessy Natalia, Debbie Soefie Retnoningrum, Wardono Niloperbowo, Ernawati Arifin Giri-Rachman. Integration Stability of sHBsAg-Multi Expression Cassettes in Pichia pastoris GS115 during Methanol Induction. HAYATI Journal of Biosciences 27 (4), 283-283, 2020.
3. Santoso, A., Wisnuwardhani, P.H., Kusumawati, A., (...), Septisetyani, E.P., Nurainy, N. Methotrexate gene amplification for development of erythropoietin with 2 additional N-link producing cell lines. 2020. OP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science
4. Santoso, A., Wisnuwardhani, P.H., Kusumawati, A., (...), Septisetyani, E.P., Nurainy, N. Improvement of mammalian cells performance by addition of glucose for the expression of erythropoietin with 2 additional link in CHO-DG44 cells. 2020. OP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science
5. Popi Asri Kurniatin, Fifi Fitriyah Masduki, Neni Nurainy, Ihsanawati, Dessy Natalia. The Use of α-MF Signal Peptide Without Spacer for Producing Insulin Aspart Precursor in Pichia pastoris KM71. American Journal of Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 2019. DOI: 10.3844/ajbbsp.2019. ISBN on line 1558-633.
6. Turyadi Turyadi, Meta Dewi Thedja, Susan Irawati Ie, Vanny Narita, Neni Nurainy, David Handojo Muljono, Reverse-Transcriptase Characteristics of Hepatitis B Virus Polymerase Gene in Treatment-Naïve Asymptomatic Chronic Hepatitis B Individuals. Journal Kedokteran Indonesia. Vol 5, No 3 (2017). DOI: 10.23886/ejki.5.8046.
7. Christian Heryakusuma, Fernita Puspasari, Ihsanawati Ihsanawati, Ernawati Arifin Giri Rahman, Neni Nurainy, Dessy Natalia. Cloning and Expression of Small Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (sHBsAg) In Hansenula polymorpha. Microbiology Indonesia Vol 10, No 4 (2016).
8. Siti Isnaeni Mutmainah, Vanny Narita, Danang Waluyo, Neni Nurainy. Cloning, Intracellular Expression, and Characterization of Recombinant mHBsAg from Hepatitis B Virus Isolate Indonesia in Pichia pastoris. 16th International Congress on System Biology, Singapore, November 2015.
9. Ernawati Arifin Giri-Rachman Indah Woro Utami, Shinta Kusumawardani, Debbie Soefie Retnoningrum, Dessy Natalia, Nurfitriani, Gilang Nadia, Patricia Gita Naully, Neni Nurainy. Construction and expression of Multicassettes Encoding Indonesian Small Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (s-HBsAg) in Methylotropic Yeast Pichia pastoris. Biotechnology, 2015. DOI: 10.3923/biotech.2015.225.232
10. Neni Nurainy, Dicky M, Gilang NP, David H. Muljono, Turyadi, Meta DT, Susan I, Tarwadi, Danang W, Fifit J, Astutiati N, Vanny N, Ade J, Ernawati AG, Debbie SR, Dessy N, Wardono N, Elvy R, Best Practice of Hep B vaccine development in Indonesia, International Symposium on drug and vaccine development in Post MDG’s era, 2014, UGM, Yogyakarta.
11. Hidayat Setiadji, Neni Nurainy, Debbie S Retnoningrum. Construction and Cloning of Structural Protein Gene of Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 1b In Escherichia coli and Its Expression In Chinese Hamster Ovary Cells. Proceeding, 14th International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCoB) 2014
12. Ernawati Arifin Giri-Rachman, Indah Woro Utami, Shinta Kusumawardani, Debbie Soefie Retnoningrum, Dessy Natalia, Neni Nurainy, Construction and expression of multi cassettes encoding Indonesian small hepatitis B surface antigen (s-HbsAg) in methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris. Poster presentation at The 1st ASEAN Microbial Biotechnology Conference, 19-21 Februari 2014, Bangkok Thailand.
13. Thedja Meta Dewi, Muljono DH, Nurainy N, Sukowati, CH, Verhoef Jan, Marzuki S. Ethnogeographical structure of hepatitis B virus genotype distribution in Indonesia and discovery of a new subgenotype, B9. Arch Virol (2011) 156:855–868
14. Nurainy N, Muljono D, Sudoyo H, Marzuki S. Genetic study of hepatitis B virus in Indonesia reveals a new subgenotype of genotype B in east Nusa Tenggara. Arch Virol. 2008;153(8):1631-2.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:IndustryHead Division Translational Development of Biopharmaceutical Products. My work related on the managing project development of vaccines and protein therapeutics from bench to clinic.
Workshop and Conference Attended2020 Brisbane, Australia Vision Leadership2019 University of College London, UK Future Research Vaccine Hub meeting2018 University of College London, UK Vaccine Bioprocess Development and Commercialisation in collaboration of MIT and UCL
AffiliationsIndonesian Young Academy of Science
Presentation given2021Capacity building in vaccine development trough successful partnership: a Bio Farma Experienceon lineEvent: UK Vaccine Network Manufacturing Hubs Lessons Learnt Event
Other AwardsJun 2018• Travel Bursary Award for the Vaccine Bioprocess Development and Commercialisation, MBI Course, University of College London, UK, June 2018Award given to me to attend the Vaccine Bioprocess Development and Commercialisation, MBI Course that held by MIT and UCl. The aim of course is to bring together international leaders in the vaccine development field to discuss and debate issues surrounding the design, manufacture, and commercialisation of vaccines. The course engages the researchers and vaccine manufacturers from Low and Middle Income Countries and promote cross dialogue to ensure that advances meet the needs of the Global Health Agenda.Mar 2018• Travel Bursary Award, Global Vaccine and Immunization Research Forum, WHO, Bangkok , March 2018The award given to me to attend the Third Global Vaccine and Immunization Research Forum (GVIRF) to be held from 20 to 22 March 2018 at the Shangri-La Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand.The GVIRF is being organized in conjunction with the Global Vaccine Action Plan (GVAP) and will be co-hosted by the World Health Organization (WHO), the National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The GVIRF is held biennially and serves the following objectives: 1. identifying gaps and opportunities for the vaccine and immunization research and development community; 2. facilitating inclusion of other stakeholders in the development and implementation of a research and development agenda; 3. building and strengthening collaborations among stakeholders across the vaccine and immunization value chain; and 4. reviewing the progress of the GVAP research and development agenda. The programme has been developed in conjunction with a distinguished scientific organizing committee and covers a broad range of subjects from discovery, development and implementation research.Aug 2016• Gold Innovation Award: Research Category, PT Bio Farma, 2016Innovation award was given to the contribution of member staffs of Bio Farma in the field of innovation research on the vaccinesAug 2016• Silver Innovation Award: Development Category, PT Bio Farma, 2016Innovation award was given to the contribution of members staffs of Bio Farma in the foeld of innovation development of vaccine and life science productsAug 2013• Best National Research Consortium, Ministry of Research and Technology of the Republic of IndonesiaMinistry of Research and Technology of the Republic of Indonesia was given the award for the best national research consortium in the field of vaccine and biotechnological products for the achievement of consortium in development of Hepatitis B vaccine in IndonesiaMay 2012• Negleted Tropical Disease Fellow Scholarship, Institute of Imunology and Informatic, University of Rhode Island, USA, May-June 2012Award given for the travel bursary on the workshop of new Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) researchers to use state-of-the-art immunoinformatics tools to develop new vaccines faster and more effectively, ultimately reducing the global burden of NTD. The training at iCubed will include an intensive, hands-on immunoinformatics and vaccinology core curriculum as well as bench-based immunology training.May 2009• Endeavour Award: Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (Australian Government) , 2009The Australian Government supports the internationalisation of education and provides opportunities for students from other countries to study in Australia , including scholarships which are available under the Endeavour Awards. The Endeavour Awards is an internationally competitive, merit-based program providing opportunities for citizens of the Asia-Pacific and Middle East regions to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia . Awards are also available for Australians to do the same abroad.