Sumit Kumar PramanikCountry of origin: India Currently in: India, Ahmedabad General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2013 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Dr. Pramanik has made a significant contribution in the areas of physical-inorganic/ organic chemistry. His current research interests include molecular recognition, bio-imaging, sensors for biomarkers, drug delivery, and smart supramolecular assemblies. His research focuses on developing molecular assemblies or materials that could be used for addressing key scientific problems like affordable health care, stimuli-responsive smart molecules/materials, homeland security.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Harwinder Singh, Sreejesh Sreedharan, Karishma Tiwari, Nicola H Green, Carl Smythe, Sumit Kumar Pramanik,* Jim. A Thomas,* Amitava Das*: ‘‘Two photon excitable graphene quantum dots for structured illumination microscopy and imaging application: lysosome specificity and tissue-dependent imaging.’’ Chem. Commun., 2019, 55, 521-524
2. Mrinal Kanti Si, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Bishwajit Ganguly: ‘‘Tuning the ring strain effect in acridine derivatives on binding affinity with G-quadruplex-DNA: A computational and experimental study.’’ International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2019, 124, 1177-1185
3. Sumit Kumar Pramanik,* Sreejesh Sreedharan, Harwinder Singh, Mohsina Khan, Karishma Tiwari, Anjali Shiras, Carl G W Smythe, Jim Antony Thomas, Amitava Das: ‘‘Mitochondria Targeting Non-isocyanate-based Polyurethane Nanocapsules for Enzyme-Triggered Drug Release.’’ Bioconjugate Chem., 2018, 29 (11), 3532–3543.
4. Harwinder Singh, Sreejesh Sreedharan, Rajeshwari Tiwari, Christa Walther, Carl Smythe, Sumit Kumar Pramanik,* Jim A Thomas,* Amitava Das*: ‘‘A Fluorescent Chemodosimeter for Organelle-Specific Imaging of Nucleoside
Polyphosphate Dynamics in Living Cells.’’ Crystal Growth & Design. 2018, 18 (11), 7199-7206.
5. Hridesh Agarwalla, Anila Hoskere, Firoj Ali, Swaraj Rashmi Pradhan, Bishwajit Ganguly, Sumit Kumar Pramanik,* Amitava Das*: ‘‘Fluorescent chemodosimeter for quantification of Cystathionine-y-synthase activity in plant extracts and imaging of endogenous biothiols.’’ Chem. Commun. 2018, 54, 9079-9082.
6. Sumit Kumar Pramanik,* Sreejesh Sreedharan, Harwinder Singh, Carl Smythe, Jim Thomas* and Amitava Das*:
‘‘Imaging cellular trafficking processes in real time using lysosome targeted up- conversion nanoparticles.’’ Chem. Commun., 2017, 53, 12672-12675.
7. Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Senne Seneca, Martijn Peters, Lien D;Olieslaeger, Gunter Reekmans, Dirk Vanderzande, Peter Adriaensens, Anitha Ethirajan*: ‘‘Morphology- dependent pH-responsive release of hydrophilic payloads using biodegradable nanocarriers.’’ RSC Advances, 2018, 8 (64), 36869-36878.
8. Tufan Singha Mahapatra,* Harwinder Singh, Arunava Maity, Ananta Dey, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Eringathodi Suresh, Amitava Das*: ‘‘White-light-emitting lanthanide and lanthanide-iridium doped supramolecular gels: modular luminescence and stimuli-responsive behaviour.’’ Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2018, 6 (36), 9756-9766.
9. Eli Slenders, Senne Seneca, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Nick Smisdom, Peter Adriaensens, Anitha Ethirajan,* Marcel Ameloot*: ‘‘Dynamics of the phospholipid shell of microbubbles: a fluorescence photoselection and spectral phasor approach.’’ Chem. Commun., 2018, 54 (38), 4854-4857
10. Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Patricia Losada-Pérez, Gunter Reekmans, Robert Carleer, Marc D’Olieslaeger, Dirk Vanderzande, Peter Adriaensens, Anitha Ethirajan*: ‘‘Physicochemical characterizations of functional hybrid liposomal nanocarriers formed using photo-sensitive lipids.’’ Scientific Reports. 2017, 7, 46257.
11. Sourish Bhattacharya, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Praveen Singh Gehlot, Tejal Gajaria, Himanshu Patel, Sandhya Mishra,* Arvind Kumar*; Process for Preparing Value-Added Products from Microalgae Using Textile Effluent through a Biorefinery Approach. ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2017, 5 (11), 10019–10028.
12. Mrinal Kanti Si, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Vinayak Hingua, Bishwajit. Ganguly; Computational predictions turning the isomers of alanine to generate distinct morphs of free-flowing salt crystals. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2018, 20, 17125-17131
13. Vijayalakshmi Velusamya,* Selvakumar Palanisamya, Kokulnathan Thangavelu, Shih-Wen Chen, Thomas C.K. Yang, Craig E. Banks, Sumit Kumar Pramanik; Novel electrochemical synthesis of copper oxide nanoparticles decorated graphene-β-cyclodextrin composite for trace-level detection of antibiotic drug metronidazole. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 2018, 530, 37-45.
14. Mrinal Kanti Si, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Vinayak Hingu, Bishwajit Ganguly; 2-Amino-pentanoic acid and 1-Pyridiniumylacetate are new additives to generate distinct morphs of salt crystals: A combined computational and experimental study; Journal of Molecular Structure, 2019, 1175, 728-733
15. Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Senne Seneca, Anitha Ethirajan, Shova Neupane, Frank Uwe Renner, Patricia Losada-Pérezand*; Ionic strength dependent vesicle adsorption and phase behavior of anionic phospholipids on a gold substrate. Biointerphases. 2016, 11 (1), 019006.
16. Sören Kuypers, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Lien D'Olieslaeger, Gunter Reekmans, Martijn Peters, Jan D'Haen, Dirk Vanderzande, Thomas Junkers, Peter Adriaensens and Anitha Ethirajan*; Interfacial thiol-isocyanate chemistry for functional nanocarriers: A facile route for tunable morphology and encapsulation of hydrophilic payloads. Chem Comm. 2015, 51 (87), 15858-15861.
17. Supriya Das, Uttam Pal, Moumita Chatterjee, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Biswadip Banerji, Nakul C Maiti; Envisaging Structural Insight of a Terminally Protected Proline Dipeptide by Raman Spectroscopy and Density Functional Theory Analyses. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A. 2016, 120 (49), 9829-9840.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Research