Wafa SelmiCountry of origin: Tunisia Currently in: Tunisia, Tunis General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2017 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Doctor in solid state chemistry, my research interest focuses on synthesis, single crystal X-ray diffraction, characterization, DFT investigation and applications of polynuclear complexes. My chemistry courses include: Inorganic Synthetic Methods, single crystal X-ray crystallography including structure solution and refinement, Spectroscopic, optical and electrochemical methods of analysis, Growth, morphology of crystals and DFT calculations.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. W. Selmi, J. Abdelhak, A. Arfaoui, H. Amri, K. Boujlel, M.F. Zid, A.Driss, Oxalate-Bridged Binuclear Iron (III) Complexes of 3, 5-Dimethylpyrazole Ligands: Synthesis, Structure, Spectral and Electrochemical Properties, IJCE 31 (2014) 1179-1185
2. W. Selmi, J. Abdelhak, M. Marchivie, G. Chastanet, M.F. Zid, The investigation by DFT of the electronic structure and magnetic properties of a novel μ-oxo-iron(III) complex with the 1,10-phenathroline ligand, Polyhedron 123 (2017) 441–452. DOI: 10.1016/j.poly.2016.12.012.
3. W. Selmi, J. Abdelhak, M. Marchivie, M. F. Zid, A comparative structural, spectroscopic, optical and photoluminescence studies by DFT of Fe(II) difluoro(oxalato)borate complex , Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry 352 (2018) 43–54. DOI: 10.1016/j.jphotochem.2017.10.029.
4. F. Allouche, W. Selmi, M. F. ZID, T. Benlecheb, Theoretical and experimental study of new hybrid compound rich in hydrogen bond: 2-carboxyanilinium hypophosphite, Journal of Molecular Structure
1179 (2019) 756-763. DOI: 10.1016/j.molstruc.2018.11.069.
5. N. Hosni, N. Bouaniza, W. Selmi, K. Assili, H. Maghraoui-Meherzi, Preparation of AgSbS2 thin films using Doehlert design: Characterization, DFT investigation and Photocatalytic application, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 778 (2019) 913–923. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.11.072.
6. K. Assili, W. Selmi, K. Alouani, X. Vilanova, Computational study and Characteristics of In2S3 thin films: Effects of substrate nature and deposition temperature, Semiconductor Science and Technology DOI: 10.1088/1361-6641/ab0446.
✓ Entity: Zurich school of crystallography 2019, Provable tasks: The School teaches small-molecule single-crystal X-ray structure determination, Goals of the stay: Workshop, City of entity: Zurich, Switzerland Start-End date: 16/06/2019 - 27/06/2019
✓ Entity: The 4th School on Crystal Structure Determination from Diffraction Data: Application on Powder sample Provable tasks: Determination from Diffraction Data and Application on Powder sample, Goals of the stay: Workshop, City of entity: Hammamet, Tunisia Start-End date: 07/04/2017 - 09/04/2017
✓ Entity: MSSC 2016 Ab initio Modeling in Solid State Chemistry Provable tasks: Ab initio Modeling in Solid State Chemistry Goals of the stay: Workshop, City of entity: Torino, Italy Start-End date: 04/09/2016 - 09/09/2016
✓ Entity: The IUCr-UNESCO OpenLab Tunisia Provable tasks: Rietveld Refinement Application Goals of the stay: Workshop, City of entity: Monastir, Tunisia Start-End date: 14/05/2015 - 17/05/2015
✓ Entity: Institute for Solid State Chemistry Bordeaux (ICMCB) Provable tasks: Synthesis and characterization of iron complexes by RF sputtering Goals of the stay: Intership City of entity: Bordeaux, France Start-End date: 01/03/2015 - 09/04/2015 Duration: 1 month.
✓ Entity: Bourguiba School Provable tasks: English degree Goals of the stay: Study City of entity: Tunis, Tunisia Start-End date: 2003 - 2007
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Teaching✓ Assistant Teacher of Chemistry 2018/2019 Higher Institute of Human Science Jendouba, University of Jendouba. ✓ Co-Supervision Activity: Master student Wejden Jbeli 2018 co-supervisor with Prof. M. F. ZID, University of Tunis El Manar. ✓ Temporary Assistant Teacher of Chemistry 2017/2018 Preparatory Institute for Engineering Studies of El Manar Tunis. ✓ Temporary Assistant Teacher of Chemistry 2015/2016 Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Natural Sciences El Manar Tunis. ✓ I directed Ab initio Modeling in Solid State Chemistry (DFT) training courses for members of my research group.
Workshop and Conference Attended2019 Zurich, Switzerland Zurich school of crystallography 20192017 Hammamet, Tunisia The 4th School on Crystal Structure Determination from Diffraction Data: Application on Powder sample2016 Torino, Italy MSSC 2016 Ab initio Modeling in Solid State Chemistry2015 Monastir, Tunisia The IUCr-UNESCO OpenLab Tunisia
AffiliationsInstitute for Solid State Chemistry Bordeaux (ICMCB)
Presentation given2017Synthesis, crystal structure, spectroscopic characterization and Hirshfeld surface analysis of iron cyanide complex.Hammamet, TunisiaEvent: Second Tunisian Chemical Society Conference on Coordination Chemistry2017DFT Computation of structure and spectroscopy study of binuclear iron(III) complex.Hammamet, TunisiaEvent: The 4th School on Crystal Structure Determination from Diffraction Data: Application on Powder sample2016A Broken Symmetry-DFT study of Magnetic Exchange Interaction of A New 1,10-phenanthroline tetrachloroferrate (III) chloride.Torino, ItalyEvent: MSSC 2016 Ab initio Modeling in Solid State Chemistry2016Synthesis, Characterization, FT-IR, UV, HOMO and LUMO, MEP and optical study of Fe(phen)3(BF4)(C2O4BF2). H2O.Hammamet, TunisiaEvent: Fifth Tunisian Crysallographic Metting2015Magnetic properties and DFT calculation of an oxo-bridged dinuclear iron (III) complex (H-phen)2[Fe2(μ-O)(H2O)6(phen)2](NO3)6.Zarzis, TunisiaEvent: 7th International Solid State Chemistry Conference2014Oxalate-Bridged Binuclear Iron (III) Complexes of 3, 5-Dimethylpyrazole Ligands: Synthesis, Structure, Spectral and Electrochemical Properties.Monastir, TunisiaEvent: 18 Journées nationales de la Chimie