Sara Hassan SyedaCountry of origin: Pakistan Currently in: Pakistan, Hyderabad General field of specialization: Interdisciplinary
Degrees2013 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Metal Nanoparticles; Metal oxide nanoparticles; Nanocomposites; Electrochemistry; Electrochemical sensor; Biosensor; Catalysis, organic pollutants; Water and wastewater treatment; water quality; Physical, chemical and biological parameters of water, heavy metals
Publications resulting from Research:
1) Sallahuddin Panhwar, Syeda Sara Hassan, Rasool Bux Mahar, Ali Canlier, Sirajuddin, Munazza Arain. Synthesis of L-Cysteine capped silver nanoparticles in acidic media at room temperature and detailed characterization. Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials. Accepted, http://doi.org/10.1007/s10904-017-0748-9 , (IF. 1.577).
2) Syeda Sara Hassan*, Krista Carlson, Swomitra Kumar Mohanty, Sirajuddin, Ali Canlier, Ultra-rapid catalytic degradation of 4-nitrophenol with ionic liquid recoverable and reusable ibuprofen derived silver nanoparticles. Environmental Pollution. Accepted, In Press, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2017.10.118 , (IF. 5.009).
3) Munazza Arain, Ayman Nafady, Abdullah M. Al-Enizi, Tayyaba Shaikh, Zafar Hussain Ibupoto, Syed Tufail Hussain Sherazi, Syeda Sara Hassan, Muhammad Ishaque Abro, Sirajuddin, Manzoor Iqbal Khattak, Raj Kumar. Ultra-sensitive amperometric hydrazine sensing via dimethyl glyoxomat derived NiO nanostructures. Electroanalysis, published, 2017. (IF. 2.851).
4) Syeda Sara Hassan, Sallahuddin Panhwar, Ayman Nafady, Sirajuddin, Syed Tufail Hussain Sherazi, Muhammad Siddique Kalhoro, Munazza Arain, Muhammad Raza Shah, M. Younis Talpur, Abdullah M. Al-Enizi. Fabrication of highly sensitive and selective electrochemical sensors for detection of paracetamol by using piroxicam stabilized gold nanoparticles. Journal of Electrochemical Society, Published, 164 (9) B427-B434 (2017), DOI: 10.1149/2.0811709jes. (IF. 3.259). (IF. 3.259).
5) Aziz Ullah, Ubaidullah, Agha Danish, Abdul Majeed, Doulat Ram, Afaq Ahmed Mayo, Jessica Lawrence, Syeda Sara Hassan*. Heavy metal contaminants present in water in Pakistan: A short review. American Journal of Environmental Engineering and Science, Accepted, 2017.
6) Masood Hussain, Ahmet Avcı, Ayman Nafady, Erol Pehlivan, Sirajuddin*, Syed Tufail Hussain Sherazi, Munazza Arain, Syeda Sara Hassan. Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using clove extract and their application as a colorimetric sensor for selective detection of vinclozolin at trace level in aqueous system. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemicals (SNB-S-17-01484), under review, 2017. (IF. 5.401).
7) Syeda S. Hassan, Ayman Nafady, Sirajuddin, Amber R. Solangi, Muhammad S. Kalhoro, Muhammad I. Abro, Syed Tufail H. Sherazi. Ultra-trace level electrochemical sensor for methylene blue dye based on nafion stabilized ibuprofen derived gold nanoparticles. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2015, 208, 320–326. (IF. 5.401).
8) M. Younis Talpur, Syeda Sara Hassan, S.T.H. Sherazi, S. A. Mahesar Huseyin Kara, , Aftab A. Kandhro, Sirajuddin. A simplified FTIR chemometric method for simultaneous determination of four oxidation parameters of frying canola oil. Spectrochimica Acta A: Molecular and Bimolecular Spectroscopy, 2015, 149, 656-661. (IF. 2.536).
9) M. Younis Talpur, S.T.H. Sherazi, Syeda Sara Hassan, S.A. Mahesar, Aftab Ahmed Kandhro, Huseyin Kara. (2015). Rapid determination of trans fats in thermally oxidized soybean oil by Transmission FT-IR spectroscopy. American Journal of Food Science and Technology, Accepted, 2015, 3 (1) 19-23.
10) Syeda Sara Hassan, Yuping Liu, Sirajuddin, Amber Rehana Solangi, Alan M. Bond, and Jie Zhang, Phosphomolybdate-doped-poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) coated gold nanoparticles: Synthesis, characterization and electrocatalytic reduction of bromated. Analytica Chimica. Acta. 2013, 803, 41- 46. (IF. 4.950).
11) Syeda Sara Hassan, Sirajuddin, Amber Rehana Solangi, Tasneem Gul Kazi, Muhammad Siddique Kalhoro, Yasmeen Junejo, Zulfiqar Ali Tagar, Nazar Hussain Kalwar. Nafion stabilized ibuprofen–gold nanostructures modified screen printed electrode as arsenic (III) sensor. Journal of Electro analytical Chemistry. 2012, 682, 77-82. (IF. 3.012).
12) Syeda Sara Hassan, Sirajuddin, Amber Rehana Solangi, Mohammad Hassan Agheem, Yasmeen Junejo, Nazar Hussain Kalwar, Zulfiqar Ali Tagar. Ultra-fast catalytic reduction of dyes by ionic liquid recoverable and reusable mefenamic acid derived gold nanoparticles. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2011, 150, 1030 -1036. (IF. 6.065).
13) Sirajuddin, A. Nafady, H.I. Afridia, S. Sara, A. Shah and A. Niaz. Direct Synthesis and Stabilization of Bi-Sized Cysteine-Derived Gold Nanoparticles: Reduction Catalyst for Methylene Blue. J. Iran. Chem. Soc. 2011, 08, 834-843. (IF. 1.407).
14) Nazar Hussain Kalwar, Sirajuddin, Syed Tufail Hussain Sherazi, Abdul Rauf Khaskheli, Keith Richard Hallam, Thomas Bligh Scott, Zulfiqar Ali Tagar, , Syeda Sara Hassan, Razium Ali Soomro. Fabrication of small l-threonine capped nickel nanoparticles and their catalytic application. Applied Catalysis A: General. 2013, 453, 54-59. (IF. 4.339).
15) Zulfiqar A. Tagar, Sirajuddin, Najma Memon, Muhammad S. Kalhoro, Paul O’Brien, Mohammad A. Malik, Mohammad I. Abro, Syeda S. Hassan, Nazar H. Kalwar, Yasmeen Junejo. Highly sensitive, selective and stable multi-metal ions sensor based on ibuprofen capped mercury nanoparticles. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2012, 173, 745-751. (IF. 5.401).
16) Zulfiqar A. Tagar, Sirajuddin, Najma Memon, Muhammad S. Kalhoro, Nazar Hussain Kalwar, Yasmeen Junejo, Syeda Sara Hassan. Facile synthesis, characterization and catalytic function of gelatin stabilized gold nanoparticles. Pak. J. Anal. Environ. Chem. 2012, 13, 70-77.
17) Nazar Hussain Kalwar, Sirajuddin, Syed Tufail H. Sherazi, Muhammad Ishaq Abro, Zulfiqar Ali Tagar, Syeda Sara Hassan, Yasmin Junejo, Manzoor Iqbal Khattak. Synthesis of l-methionine stabilized nickel nanowires and their application for catalytic oxidative transfer hydrogenation of isopropanol. Applied Catalysis A: General, 2011, 400, 215-220. (IF. 4.339).
18) Zulfiqar A. Tagar, Sirajuddin, Najma Memon, Muhammad H. Agheem, Yasmeen Junejo, Syeda S. Hassan, Nazar H. Kalwar, Manzoor I. Khattak. Selective, simple and economical lead sensor based on ibuprofen derived silver nanoparticles. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2011, 157, 430-437. (IF. 5.401).
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:OtherResearch, Teaching, Industry
Other AwardsJan 2019 Awarded six months visiting faculty under Faculty Exchange Program at University of Utah, USA. Awarded Interim Placement of Fresh Ph.D program (IPFP) for one year as an Assistant professor by HEC, Islamabad Pakistan. Awarded of six months Ph.D fellowship under the International Research Support Initiative Program (IRSIP) sponsored by Higher Education Commission (HEC) Islamabad, Pakistan to carry out the part of Ph.D research work at Monash University, VIC, 3800, Australia under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Alan M. Bond (RL Martin Distinguished Professor of Chemistry). Worked under the project of Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan as Research Associate at NCEAC University of Sindh, Jamshoro for three year period with titled “synthesis and characterization of drug-derived gold nanoparticles and their applications in sensors”. Awarded “2216-Research Fellowship Program for Foreign Citizens” for one year period by the Scientific & and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) at Anadolu University Eskisehir, Turkey. Awarded “2221- Visiting Scientist Fellowship Program” for one year period by the Scientific & Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) at Abdullah Gul University Kayseri, Turkey. Organized One Day Poster Competition for MS students of Env. Eng. at USPCAS-W, MUET Jamshoro on 2015. Organized One Day Poster Competition for MS students of Env. Eng. & WASH at USPCAS-W, MUET Jamshoro on 2016.