Phanice Fedha Tsikhungu WangilaCountry of origin: Kenya Currently in: Kenya, nakuru General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2016 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Determination of the effect of the method of preparation and storage conditions of the unrefined indigenous papyrus salts on the chemical composition and stability of iron and iodine nutrients overtime and assessment of the levels of heavy metals in the unrefined indigenous crystalline reed salts.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Wangila, T. P. (2017). Phytochemical Analysis and Antimicrobial Activities of Cyperus rotundus and Typha latifolia Reeds Plants from Lugari Region of Western Kenya. Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, 3:3 2471-2698
2. Wangila Tsikhungu Phanice, Kinyanjui Thomas, Nakhone Lenah N. (2016). Concentration of I2, Na, K, Mg and Fe2+ in soils, Plants, Ash and Salt Samples of selected areas of Western Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research, Vol.5, No. 4.
3. Wangila Tsikhungu Phanice, Tsimbiri Pamella, Peter Nyongesa, Nakhone Lenah, Kinyanjui Thomas, Mule Shadrack (2015). Micronutrients I2, Fe2+, Mg, K and Na concentration in Typha Latifolia and Cyperus papyrus reed salts of Busia and Lugari regions of Western Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research, ijsr. vol. 4 No. 1, Jan 2015.
4. Wangila Tsikhungu Phanice, Pamella, T., & Sang, C. (2014). Occurrence of heavy and trace metals in traditionally fermented milk consumed in Narok and Kericho regions of South Rift in Kenya. Open Science Repository Chemistry, Online (open-access), e23050483. doi:10.7392/openaccess.23050483
5. Wangila Tsikhungu Phanice, Tsimbiri Pamella, Peter Nyongesa. The effect of OleaAfrikana (emitiot) and Cassia didymobotrya (senetwet) and aging period, on the level of heavy metal residues in fermented milk– A case of Kabianga Division; Journal of Food Science and Quality Management. ISSN 2224-6088 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0557 (Online); Vol.34, 2014 IISTE
6. Wangila P., Tsimbiri P., Nyongesa P. (2014). Determination of selected heavy metals and iron concentration in local brews consumed in Kericho and Bomet counties in south rift, Kenya. Asian Academic Research Journal of Multidisciplinary,
7. Njoroge K. F., Chepkwony P., Tibbs C. and Wangila P. (2011). Media Coverage on Climate Change: Kenyan Scenario J. agric. pure appl. sci. technol. 7, 9-24 (2011); received February 10/April 26,
8. Mavura, W. J. and Wangila, P. T. (2003). The pollution Status of Lake Nakuru, Kenya. Heavy Metals and Pesticide Residues. African journal of Aquatic Science Vol. 27 (1), 91-96
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Researchresearch and university teaching
Workshop and Conference Attended2017 Nairobi, Kenya 1. Africa Food Security Conference in Nairobi, Kenya; 27th-28th September.2017 UISU, nairobi, kenya 2. Kenya Chemical Society, 9th Conference held at United States International University-Africa, Auditorium; where I presented a paper on “Heavy Metals, Pb, Cd, Cr and Fe presence in Soils, Plants, Ash, and Salt samples of Western Kenya; 9th - 12th May, 2
Affiliationsroyal chemical society
Presentation given20172. I presented a paper on “Heavy Metals, Pb, Cd, Cr and Fe presence in Soils, Plants, Ash, and Salt samples of Western KenyaUISI, kenyaEvent: Kenya Chemical Society, 9th Conference held at United States International University-Africa, Auditorium