Membership type: full
Early Career Fellowship
Mashura ShammiCountry of origin: Bangladesh Currently in: Bangladesh, Dhaka General field of specialization: Interdisciplinary
Early Career Fellowship
Degrees2017 Doctorate Interdisciplinary
Current Research Activities
Greenhouse gas emission from the Ganges
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Mobarok Hossain, Kaniz Fatima Binte Hossain, Md. Tajuddin Sikder, Mashura Shammi, Md.Rasheduzzaman, M Anwar Hossain, AKM Mahbubul Alam, M Khabir Uddin. Effects of NaCl-Salinity on Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) Plants in Pot Experiment. Open Agriculture (Accepted on 23 Oct, 2018).
2. Shammi, M., Sultana, A., Hasan, N., Rahman, M.M., Islam, M.S., Bodrud-Doza, M. and Uddin, M.K., 2018. Pesticide exposures towards health and environmental hazard in Bangladesh: A case study on farmers’ perception. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences.
3. Shammi, M., Pan, X.L., Mostofa, KM.G., Zhang D, Liu, C.Q. Song, W. Investigating extracellular polymeric substances from microbial mat upon exposure to sunlight. Polymer Degradation and Stability 2017, 146. DOI: 0.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2017.10.011 Impact factor: 3.4
4. Shammi, M., Pan, X., Mostofa, K. M., Zhang, D., & Liu, C. Q. Photo-flocculation of microbial mat extracellular polymeric substances and their transformation into transparent exopolymer particles: Chemical and spectroscopic evidences. Scientific Reports, 2017, 7. Impact factor: 4.2
5. Shammi, M., Pan, X.L., Mostofa, KM.G., Zhang D, Liu, C.Q. Seasonal variations and characteristics differences in the fluorescent components of extracellular polymeric substances from mixed biofilms in saline lake. Science Bulletin 2017, 62:764-766. Impact factor: 1.7
6. Mashura Shammi, Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Md. Atikul Islam, Md. Bodrud-Doza, Anwar Zahid, Yeasmin Akter, Samia Quaiyum, Masaaki Kurasaki. Spatio-temporal assessment and trend analysis of surface water salinity in the coastal region of Bangladesh. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 2017. DOI 10.1007/s11356-017-8976-7. Impact factor: 2.7
7. Mashura Shammi, Nazmul Hasan, Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Kohinoor Begum, Md. Tajuddin Sikder, Md. Khabir Uddin. Sustainable pesticide governance in Bangladesh: socio-economic and legal status interlinking environment, occupational health and food safety. Environment Systems and Decisions 2017. 1-18. DOI:10.1007/s10669-017-9628-7. Impact factor: 0.4
8. Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Mashura Shammi, M Anwar Hossain, Md.Tajuddin Sikder, Masaaki Kurasaki, Md. Khabir Uddin: Removal of Pollutants from Water by Using Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes (SWCNTs) and Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNTs). Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering 2017. 42(1):261-269. DOI:10.1007/s13369-016-2303-3
9. Md. Atikul Islam, Anwar Zahid, Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Mashura Shammi, Md. Bodrud-Doza: Investigation of Groundwater Quality and Its Suitability for Drinking and Agricultural Use in the South Central Part of the Coastal Region in Bangladesh. Water Quality Exposure and Health 2017. 9(1):27-41. DOI:10.1007/s12403-016-0220-z
10. Iftekharul Muhib, Muhammed Alamgir Zaman Chowdhury, Nushrat Jakarin Easha, Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Mashura Shammi, Zeenath Fardous, Mohammad Latiful Bari, M Khabir Uddin, Masaaki Kurasaki, Md Khorshed Alam: Investigation of heavy metal contents in Cow milk samples from area of Dhaka, Bangladesh. International Journal of Food Contamination 2016. 3(1):16. DOI:10.1186/s40550-016-0039-1
11. Mashura Shammi, Rasadur Rahman, Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Md. Moniruzzaman, Md. Bodrud-Doza, Bikash Karmakar, M. Khabir Uddin: Assessment of salinity hazard in existing water resources for irrigation and potentiality of conjunctive uses: a case report from Gopalganj District, Bangladesh. Sustainable Water Resources Management 2016. 2(4):369-378. DOI:10.1007/s40899-016-0064-5
12. Badrun Nessa, Md.Mostafizur Rahman, Mashura Shammi, Mubarak Ahmad Khan, Khabir M Uddin: Impact of textile sludge on the growth of red amaranth (Amaranthus gangeticus). International Journal of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture 2016. 5(2):163-172. DOI:10.1007/s40093-016-0126-6
13. Mashura Shammi, Mohammad Abul Kashem, Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Md. Delwar Hossain, Rashadur Rahman, M. Khabir Uddin: Health risk assessment of textile effluent reuses as irrigation water in leafy vegetable Basella alba. International Journal of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture 2016. 5(2).113-123, DOI:10.1007/s40093-016-0122-x
14. Mashura Shammi, B. Karmakar, M. M. Rahman, M. S. Islam, R. Rahman, M. K. Uddin: Assessment of Salinity Hazard of Irrigation Water Quality in Monsoon Season of Batiaghata Upazila, Khulna District, Bangladesh and adaptation strategies. Pollution 2016. 2(2).183-197.
15. Md. Mostafizur Rahman, Mashura Shammi, Tanveer Ahmed, Masahiro Maruo, Masaaki Kurasaki, Khabir M Uddin: Assessment of the Status of Groundwater Arsenic at Singair Upazila, Manikganj Bangladesh; Exploring the Correlation with Other Metals and Ions. Water Quality Exposure and Health 2016. 8(2): 217-225. DOI:10.1007/s12403-016-0196-8
16. Md. Islam, M. Uddin, Shafi Tareq, Mashura Shammi, Abdul Kamal, Tomohiro Sugano, Masaaki Kurasaki, Takeshi Saito, Shunitz Tanaka, Hideki Kuramitz: Alteration of Water Pollution Level with the Seasonal Changes in Mean Daily Discharge in Three Main Rivers around Dhaka City, Bangladesh. Environments 2015. 2(3):280-294. DOI:10.3390/environments2030280
17. Md. Tajuddin Sikder, Tanaka S, Saito T, Hosokawa T, Gumiri S, Ardianor, Uddin MK, Tareq SM, Shammi M, Kamal AKI, Kurasaki M: Vulnerability assessment of surface water quality with an innovative integrated multi-parameter water quality index (IMWQI). Pollution 2015. 1(3):333-346.
18. Mashura Shammi, G. M. Jainal Abedin Bhuiya, Abdul Kadir Ibne Kamal, Md. Rashadur Rahman, Md. Mostafizur Rahman and M. Khabir Uddin. 2012. Investigation of Salinity Occurrences in Kumar-Madhumati River of Gopalganj District, Bangladesh. Journal of Nature Science and Sustainable Technology 2012. 6(4):299-314.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchAdministrationTeachingAdvising and supervising students research, managing own research. Teaching in the undergradute course and masters course. Manage administrative works at the university.
Fellowship with OWSD
Fellowship with OWSD
Fellowship awarded 2018
Early Career Fellowship awarded awarded