September 16, 2015
- Agrarian Change, Property and Resources
- Conflict, Displacement and Transformation
- Globalization, Trade and Regional Integration
- Urban Dynamics
Type of fellowship The Nordic Africa Institute (Nordiska Afrikainstitutet) is a center for research, documentation and information on modern Africa in the Nordic region. Based in Uppsala, Sweden, the Institute is dedicated to providing timely, critical and alternative research and analysis of Africa in the Nordic countries and to strengthen the co-operation between African and Nordic researchers. One important task of the Nordic Africa Institute is to establish and maintain relations with African research communities. This is inter alia carried out through a Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme, which is aimed to provide opportunities for its participants to pursue their own research projects, thereby indirectly strengthening the academic milieux in African countries, and promoting scholarly exchange with Nordic research communities.
Target group Women Researchers
Age limit None
Host info Nordic Africa Insitute, Sweden
Duration The maximum duration of the stay is 90 days. To be entitled to a refund of the travel costs, the Guest Researcher has to stay for at least two months.
Number of awards given each year Several
- a return air-fare (economy class),
- a subsistence allowance of SEK (Swedish kronor) 300 (approx. USD 45) a day plus an installation grant of SEK 2,500 (approx. USD 370),
- a shared office and free photocopying facilities up to a maximum of 1,000 copies.
- Guest Researchers have access to a computer/MS Word at the office and have to do their own typing.
Non eligible costs Not specified
Amounts Not specified