Membership type: full
Early Career Fellowship OWSD Award
Tista Prasai JoshiCountry of origin: Nepal Currently in: Nepal, Satdobato, Lalitpur-15, Nepal General field of specialization: Biological Systems and Organisms
Early Career Fellowship OWSD Award
Degrees2017 Doctorate Other
Current Research Activities
Biological Systems and Organisms
Water Treatment, Water Quality, water microbiology, adsorption technology
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Tista Prasai Joshi, Gong Zhang, William. A. Jefferson, Aleksandr V. Perfilev, Ruiping Liu, Huijuan Liu, and Jiuhui Qu. Adsorption of aromatic organoarsenic compounds by ferric and manganese binary oxide and description of the associated mechanism, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2017, 309: 577-587.
2. Tista Prasai Joshi, Gong Zhang, Hanyang Cheng, Ruiping Liu, Huijuan Liu, and Jiuhui Qu. Transformation of para arsanilic acid by manganese oxide: Adsorption, oxidation, and influencing factors, Water Research, 2017, 116: 126-134.
3. Tista Prasai Joshi, Gong Zhang, Rashmi Koju, Zenglu Qi, Ruiping Liu, Huijuan Liu, and Jiuhui Qu. The removal efficiency and insight into the mechanism of para arsanilic acid adsorption on Fe-Mn framework, Science of the Total Environment, 2017, 601-602, 713-722.
4. Qi, Z., Liu, R., Prasai Joshi, Tista., Peng, J., Qu, J. (2021). Highly Efficient Removal of Selenite by Electrolysis-assisted nano-Zerovalent Iron (nZVI): Implication for Corrosion and Reduction, Chemical Engineering Journal, 405(1)126564. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2020.126564
5. Khadgi, J., Thapa, R., Prasai Joshi, Tista., Maskey Byanju, R., (2020). Effectiveness of vehicle-free zone in reducing air pollution, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 1-12
6. Li, K., Yang, M., Peng, J., Liu, R., Prasai Joshi, Tista., Yaohui Bai, Huijuan Liu. (2019). Rapid control of black and odorous substances from heavily polluted sediment by oxidation: Efficiency and effects, Frontiers of Environmental Science & Engineering, 13(6): 87
7. Zenglu Qi, Tista Prasai Joshi, Ruiping Liu, Huijuan Liu, and Jiuhui Qu. Synthesis of Ce(III)-doped Fe3O4 magnetic particles for efficient removal of antimony from aqueous solution, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2017, 329: 193-204.
8. Zenglu Qi, Tista Prasai Joshi, Ruiping Liu, Yiran Li, Huijuan Liu, and Jiuhui Qu. Adsorption combined with superconducting high gradient magnetic separation technique used for removal of arsenic and antimony, Journal of Hazardous Material, 2018, 343, 36-48 2018.
9. Zenglu Qi, Huachun Lan, Tista Prasai Joshi, Ruiping Liu, Huijuan Liu, and Jiuhui Qu. Enhanced oxidative and adsorptive capability towards antimony by copper-doping into magnetite magnetic particles, RSC Advances, 2016, 6(71): 66990-67001.
10. Ruiping Liu, Wei Xu, Zan He, Huachun Lan, Huijuan Liu, Jiuhui Qu, and Tista Prasai. Adsorption of antimony (V) onto Mn(II) - enriched surfaces of manganese oxide and FeMn binary oxide, Chemosphere, 2015, 138:66-624.
Ruiping Liu, Tista Prasai Joshi, Chengzhi Hu, Rashmi Koju, Baiwen Ma, Huijuan Liu，Jiuhui Qu (2017). The method for the treatment of the high concentrations of organic arsenic-containing wastewater and the reclamation of arsenic. Patent No: 201710062620.1
11. Sujan Maharjan, Tista Prasai Joshi, Rashmi Koju and Sujan Man Shrestha Physicochemical and Bacteriological Analysis of Groundwater Quality of Kathmandu Valley, Journal of Natural History Museum, 2020, 31(1), 123-134. https://doi.org/10.3126/jnhm.v31i1.39381
12 Marina Vaidya Shrestha, Bishnu P Choulagai, Tista Prasai Joshi, Shiva Raj Adhikari, Bandana Pradhan Factors associated with diarrheal disease among under five children in Godawari Municipality of Nepal: A cross-sectional study, Journal of Health and Social Sciences, 2021, 6(2)269-280. 10.19204/2021/fctr12
13. Samita Ghartimagar, Puja Khatri, Swekshya Neupane, Dev Raj Joshi and Tista Prasai Joshi Evaluation of ground water quality of Kathmandu valley and antibiotic susceptibility test against Klebsiella pneumoniae, Tribhuvan University Journal of Microbiology, 2020, 7, 83-90. https://doi.org/10.3126/jcmc.v10i2.29664
14. Rashmi Koju, Agni Dhakal, Sushila Gwachha, Dev Raj Joshi, Tista Prasai Joshi, and Sujen Man Shrestha Adsorption of Inorganic As(III) from Aqueous Solutions by Iron-Manganese Oxide, 2020, Scientific World, 13 (13), 46-50 https://doi.org/10.3126/sw.v13i13.30538
15. Sushila Gwachha, Bishwa Nath Acharya, Agni Dhakal, Sujen Man Shrestha, Tista Prasai Joshi Assessment of arsenic content in deep groundwater of Kathmandu valley, Nepal, Nepal Journal of Science and Technology (NJST) 2020, 19(1): 69-77 https://doi.org/10.3126/njst.v19i1.29785
16. Manisha Maskey, Laxminarasimha Sharma Annavarapu, Tista Prasai, Dharma Raj Bhatta Physical, chemical and microbiological analysis of bottled water in Pokhara, Nepal, Journal of Chitwan Medical College 2020;10(32):25-28. https://doi.org/10.3126/jcmc.v10i2.29664
17. Jasmita Khadgi, Rejina Maskey Byanju, Rajan Thapa, Tista Prasai Joshi. Effectiveness of vehicle-free zone in Thamel, Kathmandu, Proceeding of Research Seminar on Climate Change, 2019, 1-9.
18. Sujan Maharjan, Tista Prasai Joshi, and Sujen Man Shrestha Poor quality of treated water in Kathmandu: comparison with Nepal drinking water quality standards, Tribhuvan University Journal of Microbiology, 2018, 5, 83-88 https://doi.org/10.3126/tujm.v5i0.22319
19. Sujen Man Shrestha, Kanchan Thapa, and Tista Prasai Joshi. Diurnal air quality monitoring in Khumaltar area, Lalitpur, Nepal, Hydro Nepal Journal of Water Energy and Environment, 2015, 61-65. https://doi.org/10.3126/hn.v17i0.13277
20. Sujen Man Shrestha, Kanchan Thapa, and Tista Prasai Joshi. Particulate pollution and its effect on respiratory symptoms of exposed personnel’s in three heavy traffic cities, Kathmandu, Journal of Nepal Public Health Association, 2015, 6, 33-239.
21. Neel Kamal Koju, Tista Prasai, Sujen Man Shrestha, and Prakash Raut. Drinking water quality of Kathmandu valley, Nepal Journal of Science and Technology, 2014, 15, 115-120. https://doi.org/10.3126/njst.v15i1.12027
22. Prabin Shakya, Tista Prasai Joshi, Dev Raj Joshi, and Dwij Raj Bhatta. Evaluation of physicochemical and microbiological parameters of drinking water supplied from distribution systems of Kathmandu municipality, Nepal Journal of Science and Technology, 2012, 13 (2), 179-184 https://doi.org/10.3126/njst.v13i2.7733
23 Suraj Bishankha, Tista Prasai Joshi, Dev Raj Joshi, and Dwij Raj Bhatta. Assessment of microbial quality of chlorinated drinking tap water and susceptibility of gram-negative bacterial isolates towards chlorine. Nepal Journal of Science and Technology, 2012, 13 (1), 173-178. https://doi.org/10.3126/njst.v13i1.7456
24. Tista Prasai Joshi and Sujen Man Shrestha. Ground water quality of Kathmandu valley, Proceedings of the seminar in water and food security, Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), Nepal, 2012.
25. Steven H. Emerman, Tista Prasai, Ryan B. Anderson, and Mallory A. Palmer. Arsenic contamination of groundwater in Kathmandu valley, Nepal, as a consequence of rapid erosion. Journal of Nepal Geological Society, 2010, 40, 49-60. https://doi.org/10.3126/jngs.v40i0.23595
26. Srijana Manandhar, Tista Prasai, and Kayo Devi Yami. Assessment of drinking water quality of sub-urban regions of Kathmandu. Journal of Natural History Museum, 2010, 25, 14-21.
27. Bina Laxmi Jayana, Tista Prasai, Anjana Singh, and Kayo Devi Yami. Study of antimicrobial activity of lime juice against Vibrio cholera, Scientific World, MOEST, 2010, 8, 44-46. https://doi.org/10.3126/sw.v8i8.3847
28. Bina Laxmi Jayana, Tista Prasai, Anjana Singh, and Kayo Devi Yami. Assessment of drinking water quality of Madhypur-Thimi and study of antibiotic sensitivity against bacterial isolates. Nepal Journal of Science and Technology, 2009, 10, 167-172. https://doi.org/10.3126/njst.v10i0.2955
29. Jasmine Diwakar, Kayo Devi Yami, and Tista Prasai. Assessment of drinking water of Bhaktapur municipality area in pre-monsoon season, Scientific World, MOEST, 2008, 6, 94-98. https://doi.org/10.3126/sw.v6i6.2642
30. Anup Muni Bajracharya, Kayo Devi Yami, Tista Prasai, Shital Raj Basnyat, and Binod Lekhak. Screening of some medicinal plants used in Nepalese traditional medicine against enteric bacteria. Scientific World, MOEST, 2008, 6, 107-110. https://doi.org/10.3126/sw.v6i6.2644
31. Jasmine Diwakar, Tista Prasai, Shankar Raj Pant, and Bina Laxmi Jayana. Study on major pesticides and fertilizers used in Nepal, Scientific World, MOEST, 2008, 6, 76-80. https://doi.org/10.3126/sw.v6i6.2638
32. Tista Prasai, Kayo Devi Yami, and Dev Raj Joshi. Microbial load on paper/polymer currency and coins, Nepal Journal of Science and Technology, 2008, 9, 105-109. https://doi.org/10.3126/njst.v9i0.3173
33. Anup Muni Bajracharya, Kayo Devi Yami, Tista Prasai, Shital Raj Basnyat, Binod Lekhak. Assessment of drinking water quality of Kathmandu metropolitan areas. Nepal Journal of Science and Technology, 2007, 8, 113-118.
34. Tista Prasai, Binod Lekhak, Dev Raj Joshi, Madhav Prasad Baral. Microbiological analysis of drinking water of Kathmandu valley. Scientific World, MOEST, 2007, 5, 112-114. https://doi.org/10.3126/sw.v5i5.2667
35. Tista Prasai, Binod Lekhak, and Madhav Prasad Baral. Anti-bacterial property of Medicinal Plants against Gram negative Bacteria. Fourth National Conference on Science and Technology, 2004.
Science Awareness Articles (Nepali Language)
1. Tista Prasai Joshi and Dev Raj Joshi (2021) “Dhal ma Corona Virus Samudai ma COVID-19 Sankraman – Waste water-based epidemiology for COVID 19”- Smarika, Tribhuvan University, Research Centre for Applied Science and Technology (RECAST), Nepal
2. Tista Prasai Joshi (2020) “CORONA ko Saya Sabal- “Hundred Questions on CORONA”- Article on five Answers”, Scientist Nepal, Combat COVID-19, E-Platform
3. Dev Raj Joshi and Tista Prasai Joshi (2020) “COVID-10 ko Nidan ma RT PCR parichhan bidhi” Bigyan Lekhamala, Nepal Academy of Science and Technology, Khumaltar, Lalitpur. (In Nepali- Diagnosis method for COVID-19 by RT-PCR)
4. Tista Prasai (2018) “Arsenic yukta Padartha bata Pani Pradushan” Bigyan Lekhamala, Nepal Academy of Science and Technology, Khumaltar, Lalitpur. (In Nepali-Organic Arsenic related Problems and water Pollution)
5. Tista Prasai (2018) “Kathmandu Upatyaka Khane Pani Ko Gunsthar Sambandhi Bibidh Sabal Haru” Nepal Pani, Department of Water Supply and Sewerage. (In Nepali- Drinking water Quality)
6. Tista Prasai (2009): “Guna Stariya Khanepani: Nepal Ko Chunauti” Bigyan Lekhamala, Nepal Academy of Science and Technology, Khumaltar, Lalitpur (In Nepali - Water quality and its Challenges)
7. Tista Prasai (2005): “Guna Stariya Khanepani Ra Janaswasthya” Bigyan Lekhamala, Nepal Academy of Science and Technology, Khumaltar, Lalitpur. (In Nepali -Water quality and Public health)
8. Tista Prasai (2001): “Bayu Pradushan: Karan Ra Nirakaran”, Environment Today A Journal published by Environment for All "EFA"-Nepal, A NGO working in the field of Environment and Public Health in Nepal. (In Nepali - Air Pollution: Cause and control)
9. Tista Prasai (2001): “HIV and AIDS”, Microcosm: The little world, 2001, A magazine published by Central Dept. of Microbiology, T. U., Kathmandu, Nepal.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchResearch on Water Quality and Treatment Environmental Awareness Program
OWSD AwardsFeb 2019OWSD-Elsevier Foundation Award for Early Career Women ScientistsFor her research in developing novel metal oxide adsorbents to remove harmful organic and inorganic arsenic compounds efficiently from water.
Other AwardsJun 2017Excellent International Student awardUniversity of Chinese Academy of SciencesSep 2017Nepal Bidhya Bhushan- Class-AReceived from Right Honorable President Bidhya Devi Bhandari of Nepal, for achievements in Ph.D. Research
Fellowship with OWSD
Fellowship with OWSD
Early Career Fellowship awarded 2019